Video Usage is On the Rise
There is no question that video marketing is currently on the rise. According to HubSpot, 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool – up from 63% in 2017 on the same survey. In a world of experimentation, trying new trends, and perhaps moving away later, shockingly, 99% of marketers who do use video today will use it again in 2018. It is no surprise then that 65% of those who don’t currently use video say they plan to use it in 2018.
Check out the video below to learn more, or keep reading!
Three-Part Approach to Video
According to Convince and Convert, the way to win in video is a three-pronged approach. The combination of the three mediums is quite compelling, and follows the trends of the way consumers are taking in media. The combination is:
- Consumer content in video format.
- LiveStream Video
- 1:1 Video
Both B2B and B2C buyers today are looking for short, digestible video content. Convince and Convert says:
Short, digestible nuggets are the sweet spot—56 percent of videos created by businesses today are two minutes or less. And audiences are responding to this: 53 percent of videos that are 90 seconds or less are watched to completion.
According to VidYard, the average company produces 377 videos/year. These 377 videos are not high quality videos, instead, these include simple demo videos, videos created by employees in sales, product marketing, or others.
Consumer Content in Video Format
When people think of video production, they often think of consumer content in video format. According to Single Grain, there are many different kinds of video to be created:
- Vlogs: There are so many blogs out there, but very few Vlogs. Vlogs are personality driven, inexpensive to make and can have a positive impact on sales.
- Culture Videos: These videos show a genuine piece of “life at the office” and can be done by doing employee interviews and showing genuine life at the office. It shows that your brand is not a two-dimensional thing, it is a rich fabric of people and stories.
- Interviews: Doing a regular interview series is a fantastic way to build authority around specific content, and it also helps you get more exposure to thought-leaders.
- Webinars: These may not be as big as they used to be, but a smart, quarterly-run webinar featuring regular content can get you in front of the right people.
- Event Videos: These can be considered a more expensive way to do video, but they can also be done inexepensively using montages from a variety of camera of staff. This seems more authentic and behind the scenes, bringing the party to the people!
- Presentations: Short, powerful talks, similar to TED talks takes the excitement of events, and combines them with the usefulness of webinars. Having a video of you speaking at an event, with a meaningful message, can create wonderful, sharable content.
- Tutorials: Tutorials is a great way to offer value-add content. For example, a health and wellness brand could show work-out tips.
- Product Reviews: Reviewing products of products that are useful to your target audience, such as a tablet if you sell a SAAS accessible through mobile is a great example.
- Testimonials: Having video testimonials is also a very powerful way to grow your business. Doing an in-person testimonial video for a one-month discount for example, is a fantastic way to grow your video presence.
- Animated Video: Explainer videos are often one of the first things people think of when the mind turns to video. Although these can be expensive, there are ways to create inexpensive yet beautiful videos using Prezi.
According to Convince and Convert, “63% of people ages 18-34 watch live-streaming content regularly”. This means having a regular live-stream can be a fantastic way to reach out to audiences.
According to Neil Patel, there is an increase in people both creating and consuming live streaming content, with those 18-34 the most engaged.
The live streaming industry, which is led by YouTube and Facebok, is showing no signs of slowing down. According to Patel, “In 2016, it was already a more than $30 billion industry and it’s just getting started.
It’s projected to more than double in growth by 2021 to become a more than $70 billion industry.”
1:1 Video Messages
According to research from Nielsen, we trust people nearly twice as much as we trust companies and organizations. These video messages can be used in the following contexts:
- Public relations
- Team congratulations/team building
This is a unique way to reach out to your audience in a personal way, and could show real potential for the future.
Enjoy these videos? Now you can get them delivered to your inbox! Go to the updates page to sign up!